The perfect aioli à la bistro recipe with a picture and simple step-by-step instructions.
- 1 slice / n toast bread
- 10 cl milk
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 egg (s), including the yolk
- 0.5 liter ½ oil (olive oil)
- 0.5 ½ lemon (s), add the juice
- 1 pinch (s) sugar
- Pepper, freshly ground
- Cut the crust off the toast and soak the bread in the milk, then squeeze it out well and place it in a bowl. Squeeze in the garlic cloves, then mix with the egg yolk to a homogeneous mass. Now pour in the olive oil in a thin stream, constantly beating it vigorously with a whisk until a mayonnaise-like paste is formed. Finally season with lemon juice, sugar, salt and a lot of pepper.
- Together with crusty bread and a glass of wine, this aioli is the basis for a sociable snack and shortens the waiting time of hungry guests before the actual dish is on the table.